Tuesday, August 11, 2009

There's a problem with a life insurance policy and for 10 days I've left a message asking the employee assigned to the case to call me. Ten days when the message has said, "I'm in the office, but not at my desk . . . ." Right.

Most of the furniture from our second condo, the one my partner bought in 1985, is now gone and I'm trying to decide what to keep and what to get rid of among the remaining items. Some choices are easy, but others are more difficult. They were his--maybe not all that important to him, but his. They don't have either sentimental or monetary value, but it's so hard to get rid of them. I wish he'd done some of this because the guilt I'm feeling could have been made easier.

We've set the price for renting "his" unit, and someone could move in as early as the next month. Seeing someone else living there is going to be hard, but in the long run, financially necessary.

I found a vase, a very red glass vase that's about seven inches tall. He liked strong colors. There's nothing terribly fancy about it, but I'm sure it was the color that caught his eye. I'll keep it, but I've already run out of room to keep the things I want to keep. More decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment