Thursday, August 20, 2009

Work is Piling Up

The realtor has looked at the unit I'm about to rent and from his overly polite comments it seems I have my work cut out for me when I end the business trip I am now on and fly home on Friday night. This weekend I'll have to spend most of my time taking the last few items in the kitchen and closets either to my condo or to the Goodwill or the trash. I still have a few pieces of furniture to sell and I get to learn how to post something on Craig's list. At least I don't have to paint the unit, saving dollars and the time it would take to find and supervise a painter.

I so badly want this issue to be over and done that I believe I've just procrastinated on these last details. This may be normal, but knowing that doesn't alleviate the dread I'm feeling about going home to a mess, including the still mostly full storage bin. Where am I going to put the shelves? How do I divide up the items I don't want and will, eventually, send to my partner's family?

I have a free night tonight and some friends have encouraged me to go visit one of the bars here. The thought of that, even with a smokeless bar, does not excite me in the least. It's just too soon. I'm still wearing my ring. For how long?

No comments:

Post a Comment